Monday, December 22, 2008

You must listen to The Planets



What’s your favorite Los Planetas song? I struggled the other night after I was texted this question. I thought about it for a while, eventually replying with “Anuncio Para Coches”, which is a song that I used to play obsessively. I had the feeling that I was leaving others out though, mainly the whole “Encuentros con Entidades” record. I bought that record the first time I went to Europe and slowly fell in love with it. That travel experience was pretty important in my life, and I like to think of these songs as something I brought back from that trip.

I played the record after I was asked the question to try and pick a favorite track. There are so many stand-out ones that I couldn’t find a favorite song. It’s just one of those records. Your favorite song can depend on your current mood and circumstances. In this case I’ll say it’s this song, being that it’s an introduction to the record and it’s the one I’ve probably played the most. What an amazing video too.

No comments: