Tuesday, July 5, 2011

street art in roma





I was in Rome last summer, it turned out to be one of the best trips of my life. There were many reasons for my trip, but mainly I wanted to show my art in Italy. I had an art show at the Discoloosers party in Rome, that was the big event of my trip. I walked the streets of Pigneto many times while I was there. Such a wonderful neighborhood and full of great street art. I wanted to leave my mark somehow. I wasn’t sure how to do this, never having done street art properly myself.

I met some street artists while in Rome and they agreed to help me. I printed out some of the pieces I had made for Discoloosers, which were in Italian. The rest of the story seemed out of a movie. Four of us were in the streets at around 3 AM, with a bucket, glue and supplies. Yuri, a very talented street artist, was doing most of the work, posting my pieces high above the ground. He was also painting and creating some amazing art of his own. These are the pictures I took the day after. I’m not sure how long my art was up for, or of the people’s reaction. I do know that it was different from anything I saw there, and it really stood out. It was a great way to end my trip to Italy, and left me wanting to go back soon.



No comments: